1. 6 snapshots for solo flute: 4 minutes; premiered by Lois Cornils at First and Second Unitarian, Boston (1st & 2nd) with "Music Now." Used in "Auto-Portamatic" a video by TJ Norris shown at The Outlook Film and Video Festival, NYC IN 1992. 2. Three Pieces for Solo Oboe: 16 minutes minutes for oboe. 1. Based on the retrograde of "Yankee Doodle." 2. & 3. based on music written on cups. Unperformed.
3. 3 Pieces for Clarinet: 3 minutes. Premiered by Viola Woodward at 1st and 2nd. Also recorded and in preparation for performance by Romualdo Barone in Nagakute, Japan at The Aichi University of The Arts.
4. after e. e. cummings:4 variations on Bb: 4 movements in 5 minutes for guitar; for Russell Southcott. Unperformed.
5. Circus Sonata I: 4 movements; 8 minutes for solo viola. Unperformed.
6. Circus Sonata II: 4 movements; 12 minutes for solo viola. Unperformed.
7 Celebration: 4 movements; 6 minutes for 'cello. Performed in a withheld version for 'cello and piano by the composer with 'cellist, Al Shahain at First Unitarian Society of West Newton, MA.
8. Plainsong: 10 minutesfor either solo viola or solo 'cello; unperformed.
9. after Samuel Beckett: 10 minutes for 'cello; performed many times by Michael Romanul at 1st and 2nd; The Barbara Krakow Art Gallery; Mass General Hospital; and on WCRB radio, Boston. Cablecast on BNN-TV as the clay animated video "The Philosophy of Not-Knowing" as part of Crazy Dinosaurs.
Book II: Duos
1. March of The Ants: 8 and a half minutes; 5 movements. 1a. March of The Ants: either voice: clarinet, violin, viola... upper voice: flute, oboe... lower voice: alto flute, English horn... Unperformed. 1b. March of The Ants: upper voice: flute, oboe, clarinet, violin, viola... lower voice: bass clarinet, bassoon, 'cello... Unperformed.
2. Sora Sona: 7 minutes and 20 seconds; first and last movement performed by Janet Wheeler and Charlotte Regni Lord, sopranos, in Rockport, MA with text by the composer (withheld). 2a. Sora Sona: for clarinet, violin or viola... (either voice); or flute or oboe... (upper voice) and alto flute or English horn... (lower voice). 2b. Sora Sona: for clarinet, violin or viola... (either voice); or flute or oboe... (upper voice) and bass clarinet, bassoon, 'cello... (lower voice).
3. Autumn in Paris: 23 minutes; 6 movements; for flute, oboe, clarinet or violin with English horn, clarinet or viola. Unperformed.
4. Stag Ritual:4 minutes for 2 bassoons. See Pan: V:I;2b. Unperformed.
5. Genealogy of Morals :12 minutes and 20 seconds: 3 "essays" 5a. Genealogy of Morals: for violin and viola. 5b. Genealogy of Morals: for violin and violoncello.
6. G'dot for 2 Harps: 4 minutes. used for the video "The Dream" shown on BNN-TV as part of "Crazy Dinosaurs." Premiered at 1st and 2nd by Michael Rafferty and Virginia Crumb. After Samuel Beckett.
7. Sonata al Fresco: Written in Ireland. Unperformed. 7a. Sonata for Violin and Piano: 4 movements; 11 minutes and 53 seconds. 7b. Sonata for Violin and Marimba: 3 movements; 7 minutes and ; 3 without repeats;45 seconds. 7c. Sonata for Violin and Guitar: 3 movements: 7 minutes and 45 seconds.
Solos with orchestra (Volume III) for solo with piano:
8. III/III/1c. Lunar Eclipse: 7 and a half minutes; for tenor saxophone or bass clarinet and piano. Performed by Christian Contreras, tenor saxophone with pianist, Yelena Beriyeva on 1/27/12 with BMO.
12. III/III/6b. 'Cello Concerto: 'cello and piano; 3 movements; projected 10 minutes. First movement complete; unperformed
Book III: Trios:
1. Trio #I: 4 movements in 7 minutes. Unperformed. 1a. Trio #I: for string trio. 1b. Trio #I: for woodwind trio: flute, clarinet, and bassoon.
2. Trio #II: 5 movements in 16 and a half minutes. Unperformed. 2a. Trio #II: for string trio. 2b. Trio #II: for woodwind trio: flute, English horn, and bassoon.
3. Trio #III: Manhattan: 5 movements; 12 minutes. Written in the audition for The Manhattan School of Music, NYC. Unperformed. 3a, Trio for Clarinet, French Horn and 'Cello: 3b. Trio for Clarinet, French Horn and Double Bass:
3. String Quartet # III: "The Cave" 4 movements; 14 minutes and 45 seconds. Unperformed.
4. Flute Quartet: 1 movement; 11 minutes for flute, 2 violins and viola. The last movement was performed at The University of Vermont, Margaret Costa, violin I. The rest is unperformed.
Book V: Quintets:
1. Three Words for Woodwind Quintet: 3 movements; 10 minutes; Read at Boston University under Robert Sirota; written for Albert Regni. Unperformed.
Quintet versions of orchestra tone poems (Volume III):
2. of III/I/1a. Dream Fugue: 2 minutes and 40 seconds; string quintet: 2/1/1/1. Unperformed. 3. of III/I/3b. Passacaglia: 4 minutes; string quintet: 2/1/1/1. Unperformed.
4a. of III/II/9e. String Quintet: Song of War: 2/1/1/1; 3 movements; 14 minutes and 45 seconds; Unperformed. 4b, of III//9f. String Quintet:Song of War: 2/1/1/1: 3 movements; 9 minutes and 40 seconds; Unperformed.
5. III/II/1c. Scaramouche et Pulcinella: 3 movements; 12 minutes; for flute, clarinet, violin, 'cello and piano. In preparation for performance at The Aichi University of The arts, Nagakute, Japan; with clarinetist, Romualdo Barone.
5. III/II/4b. Scrooge: 3 movements; 12 minutes; for piano, harpsichord, harp, percussion and viola. Commissioned and performed by The Copley Square Balet at The Strand Theater in Dorchester. MA. Choreographed by David Drummond, Scrooge; Nancy Angelini, The Spirit of The Future; Angelo Mamano, piano; Michael Rafferty, harp. The video has been seen on numerous facebook groups and can be found on this site under "Watch and Listen."
Book VI: Sextets:
Sextet version of a orchestra tone poem (Volume III):
1. of III/III/7b. Piano Sextet: Piano Concerto: 15 minutes; 3 movements; piano quartet: piano and string quintet: 2/1/1/1
Book VIII: Octets:
Octet versions of orchestral works (Volume and VI):
1. of III/!/5a. Flute Octet: "Sorrow" from Paradise Regained: 4 minutes. Original version: written for Donald Maher. Middle movement of the string nonet: II/IX/1 below, Unperformed.
2. of III/III/2b. Violin Concertino: 8 minutes; 3 movements; violin solo with glockenspiel, 2 violas, 2 'cellos, and 2 double basses. Unperformed.
3. of III/III/3c. Violin Concerto: 20 minutes; 4 movements; violin solo with piano and string quintet: 1/1/1/1/1. 4. of VI/II/2/2b. Antigon for Brass Octet: 10 minutes; 5 movements; French horn, 3 trumpets, 2 trombones, euphonium and tuba. Selections from the opera "Antigon." Unperformed.
Book VIII: Nonets:
Nonet versions of orchestral works (Volume III):
1. of III/!/5a. String Nonet: Paradise Regained: double string quartet with double bass; 3 movements; 10 minutes. Unperformed in this version. 2a. of III/III/5b. Viola Concerto: 6 movements; 15 minutes; for viola solo with string octet: 2/2/2/2. 2b. of III/III/5e. Viola Concerto: 5 movements; 8 minutes; for viola solo with string octet: 2/2/2/2.