Edward II: Tableau II: Estampie
9. CAT FIGHT: Queen Isabella and Gaveston exchange insults. This number states the main theme of Tableau II. First posted on 5/18/14.
10. LOVE'S DEFENSE: In this quasi-folk number, Edward III shows his support of his father's love for Gaveston. First posted on 5/24/14.
11. ANGER: Isabella tries to stop a fight between Edward and Mortimer, the most powerful of the lords. First posted on 5/31/14.
12. WOUND: Gaveston defies Mortimer. Isabella tries to calm them, but Mortimer stabs Gaveston. First posted on 6/10/14.
13. CAT INTERLUDE: Isabella leaves the battle between Mortimer and the wounded Gaveston. She takes refuge by her fountain, in her secret grotto. This instrumental number restates the main theme of Tableau II. First posted on 6/14/14.
14. POISON CUP: Queen Isabella wishes that she had died rather than be married. First posted on 6/21/14.
15. UNTO THE FOREST: Isabella plans to escape into the forest, but Mortimer suggests that they kill Gaveston instead. Isabella likes the idea, but wants no part of it. This number presents the concluding statement of the main theme of Tableau II. First posted on 6/27/14.